Cotton fabrics, ribbon, thread sketching and inked details, cotton batting
Machine pieced, appliquéd, and quilted
History of Concord Point Lighthouse
The tower was completed in 1827 and originally used lamps and sixteen-inch
reflectors. A more modern fifth-order Fresnel lens was installed
in 1892. Today it shows a fixed green light.
All the keepers of the Light came from the family of John O’Neil. He became a
hero of the War of 1812 after making a one-man stand against an entire British
fleet. The job of keeper of the light was passed down through generations of
O’Neils, until great-grandson Harry O’Neil surrendered the keys at the Light’s
automation in 1920.